Monday, May 12, 2014

"Wickedly Awesome" Turtle Brownies

I dare you to find me a better tasting brownie recipe than these.  Seriously.  Try to one up me.  These are hands down, the BEST brownies I have ever had, and I can never go back.  (And never fear you silly nut haters-or legitimate allergy sufferers, this nut lover has even left them out of a batch, and they were just as good being chocolate and caramel brownies, never fear!). The interesting thing about these brownies is that you use cake mix.  Yeah, cake mix, crazy, I know.  But these are to die for.  I am totally not exaggerating either.  Make them, and please don't send any marriage proposals afterwards, I'm taken.





*Note that these brownies need some time to set
Ingredients:
1 box chocolate cake mix (any, I have used chocolate, Devils Food, and German chocolate, and all have turned out perfectly-however I am a Devils food fan)
2/3 cup Evaporated Milk
3/4 cup Butter (melted)
2/3 cup Pecans (or 0 cups should you so desire)
1 cup Chocolate Chips (I have used semi sweet, and Milk, and either work!)
1 11-12 oz bag Kraft caramels (or make your own)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine cake mix, 1/3 c Evaporated Milk, melted butter, and 1/2 cup of pecans.
3.  Grease 9x13 pan and press half of the brownie mixture into bottom of the pan.  Make sure the whole bottom is covered.
4. Bake for 7 minutes.
5. While baking, combine caramels and the other 1/3 cup of evaporated milk and microwave till melted-in 30 sec increments-stirring between each one.
6. Pour caramel mixture over the top of the brownies. Cover caramel with the rest of our pecans and chocolate chips.
7. Pick pieces of the rest of the brownie batter, and gently place it on top of caramel/chocolate chips/pecans until it is as covered as you can make it.
8. Bake for another 15 min.

*It will not look completely set when you take it out.  It needs about 4 hrs to set.  I usually make it up the night before and keep it covered.  These puppies are worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment