If you love peaches (like me), you would love this pie. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Me and the fam just finished it off on Sunday-I made it Saturday-sweets don't stay in our house for long. The only thing that touches the oven in this pie is the crust, hence the "Fresh" in the "Fresh Peach Pie". I personally prefer my peach pies like this. If I am going to have my peaches cooked I would rather have them as a cobbler. This pie is very good, I especially like to warm it up just for a few seconds and eat it with ice cream-Vanilla Bean ice cream to be exact. Try it out, let me know what you think. Oh, ps, this is a SWEET pie!
5-6 Peaches, sliced (I blanch* then peel mine)
1 Cup Sugar
2 Tbls Cornstarch
4 tsp. Dry Peach Jello
Cooked pie crust
1. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of sugar over peach slices. Let set for 1/2 hour.
2. Drain juices off peaches until well drained. Add enough water to make 1 cup liquid.
3. Add the other 1/2 cup of sugar and cornstarch to the water/peach juice.
4. Cook in sauce pan until think (over medium heat).
5. Add 4 tsp. or dry jello.
6. Let cool.
7. Combine with fruit and poor into cooked pie shell.
8. Refrigerate until cold-at least 1 hour.
*For blanching, I slice a criss-cross across the top of the peach, just enough to break the skin. I then bring a pot of water to boil, turn of heat and add peaches. I let them sit in that hot/boiling water for about 30 secs, then transfer them to a bowl of ice water for 10-20 seconds. The peach peel should come off very easily afterwards.