Saturday, May 31, 2014

Meatloaf Muffins

Have you ever made Meatloaf before?  My recipe takes over an hour to make.  And if you are anything like me, the day often runs away on me, and I find that I sometimes haven't left myself with enough time to make a long baking dinner.  So one day I decided to make meatloaf muffins (though I am sure the idea is not mine ;) ) Feel free to use any recipe, I have listed mine.  We don't like the tomato sauce on our Meatloaf because we dip it in Ketchup (I also sometimes sneak a grated Zucchini or 2 into our Meatloaf, and no one can tell!).


Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs ground beef (we ALWAYS use 93% lean)
1 egg
3/4 c oats
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/4-1/2 c milk
1 tbsp minced dried onions, or 1/4 c chopped onions

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix ALL ingredients together.
3. Grease a muffin pan
4. Press balls of meat into each muffin slot.
5. Bake for 25 min.
 Enjoy with a side of Mashed Potatoes, Baked Potatoes, Scalloped Potatoes, Broccoli, Cauliflower, or whatever else your heart fancies, or tradition tells you to!

No comments:

Post a Comment