1 cup buttermilk pancake mix
3/4 cup ice water
1 quart vegetable oil
1 sleeve of Oreo cookies (14 each)
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1. Freeze cookies for 3 hours. ( this is purely optional, but just know if you don't you run the risk of melting the filling when fried-which doesn't taste bad, just loses some of the effect)
2. In a medium bowl, stir water into buttermilk pancake mix with a whisk until thoroughly combined. Batter should be consistency of pancake mix, if not, add more water or mix accordingly. Refridgerate for at least an hour (this helps to keep a cake like texture to the cookies, if the batter is too thing, it wont be AS yummy)
3. In a 3-quart saucepot or deep fryer, heat oil to 350 degrees F (medium heat on stove top).
4. While oil is heating, set up a sheet pan with paper towels for draining.
5. With metal tongs, dip each cookie one at a time into batter, making a coat completely around the cookie.
6. Place coated cookie carefully into hot oil. Repeat for each cookie. Fry on both sides, turning over once until golden brown.
7. Remove fried cookie from hot oil with metal tongs and drain on paper towels.
Note: The cookies inside should be soft throughout, if they are cold and hard reduce oil temperature.
8. Dust with confectioners sugar.
9. Let cool slightly (about 2 minutes) before serving