Monday, April 14, 2014

Cinnamon Chip Scones

 My Mom and sister found this recipe, and let me tell you, these were the best scones I have ever had.  I am not even kidding.  Now I prefer my scones to be a little more moist.  I feel like there is nothing worse than a dry scone. Blech. Makes me need a drink just thinking about it.  These were perfect pair with some eggs and fruit for a delicious breakfast.  My kids thought they were the best things since sliced bread too.  I had to place a limit on how may they could eat because I'm pretty sure they wanted to steal the plate, and hide in some closet somewhere to devour the sweet sweet little cinnamon morsels....and I may or may not have wanted to do the same thing....





found here


Ingredients:
3 1/4 C. all purpose flour
1/3 C. sugar
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 C. butter, cold
1 C. buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C. cinnamon chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. 
3. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until it forms coarse crumbs. 
4. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Fold in the cinnamon chips.
5. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently.
6. Divide the dough in half and pat into 7 inch round circles. 
7. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with a cinnamon sugar mixture, if desired. Cut into 8 wedges.
8. Bake at 425 for 13-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment