Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and knew we had to try it.  After I ad served some up and took a bite, I absolutely knew I had to share it with ya'll.  So as I went to reach for my camera, I realized it had no battery.....and pictures rarely look good the next day, so I whipped out my phone. Hence the crappy picture.  And please look past our ghetto paper plates.  Just know that this recipe is AMAZING.  I did make a few minor, like seriously minor, changes (dare I say improvements?  Ha!  It's all a matter of opinion right?), and I will list those to the side in ( ).




Ingredients:

  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used 3 and halved them so there were 6 thin chicken breasts)
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (feel free to use the 98% FF, we always do)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 4 ounces sliced ham (Oscar Meyer now makes Carving board meats that you can get for sandwiches.  WE used this and it made the ham seems less deli like)
  • 4 ounces sliced Swiss cheese (I think I used a little more than this, use more or less, it is up to you, but trust me, more is really good)
  • 1 (8 ounce) package herbed dry bread stuffing mix
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted (I used butter spray)

Directions:
1. Mix together the cream of chicken soup and milk in a small bowl-whisk. Pour enough of the soup into a slow cooker to cover the bottom. 
2. Layer chicken breasts over the sauce. Cover with slices of ham and then Swiss cheese. (Then repeat, chicken, ham, cheese) 
3. Pour the remaining soup over the layers, stirring a little to distribute between layers. (I didn't need to stir)
4. Sprinkle the stuffing on top, and drizzle butter over stuffing (I took the top off my butter spray and drizzled it over the stuffing)
5. Cover, and cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours, or 2 to 3 hours on High.

1 comment:

  1. Casey and I just decided we're going to try one new recipe a week, so I think this may be the one for next week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete