Thursday, December 8, 2011

Santa Claus is Coming to Town



This is currently my 2 year old daughter's favorite book...has been since September.  So we read it every night at bedtime.  Every..Night...so let's just say if we didn't know the song before, we sure know it now!  Even she knows all the words.  That's not why I post this.  I am posting about this book because the illustrations are done by Steven Kellogg.  I LOVE Steven Kellogg.  I remember once when I was little, he came to our elementary school and signed one of my books, The Island of Skog.  Still have the book.  I just love his illustrations, and who can forget the book: The Day Jimmy's Boa ate the Wash.  I think we all have author's/illustrators that are tied to our childhood, and Steven Kellogg is one of mine.  The illustrations in this book really do a good job of catching the whimsy of the season and making it feel like Christmastime, even if it is only September!

No comments:

Post a Comment