Sunday, December 4, 2011

Coco-Maca Nut French Toast

My Husband does NOT like French toast.  I LOVE french toast.  So I do not get french toast as often as I would have liked.  When Sam from Oh Nuts!  (LOVE their nuts) sent me some nuts, I knew exactly what I was going to make.  I came across this recipe this summer and have been waiting to try it out, and let me tell you, it was Heaven on a plate.  So good.  Seriously, I could write a book.  I even have a new syrup recipe I want to try with this the next time I make it!



Found here on:  Favorite Family Recipes



Ingredients:
1 loaf unsliced bread (I already had some of this whipped up, and it worked perfectly, but feel free to use whatever you like.  Un-sliced bakery bread just makes it a little more moist and thick)
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 can light coconut milk
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 to 2 teaspoons coconut extract

Optional Toppings:
powdered sugar
sliced bananas
toasted coconut flakes (I added some of these to my french toast mix.  If I had thought ahead, I would have loved to dip my bread them coat it in this(and some chopped up nuts) before frying)
macadamia nuts
coconut or maple syrup
cool whip or whip cream

Directions:
1. Cut bread into 8 large slices
2. Combine eggs, milks, and spices in a large bowl. 
3. Soak bread in egg mixture.
4. Grease pan then brown each side of the bread then place on a cookie sheet. 
5. When all the pieces are done, place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
6. Serve with any of the optional topping-powdered sugar, sliced bananas, toasted coconut flakes, macadamia nuts, coconut or maple syrup, and whip cream.

Ahhh!  I could eat this every Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment