Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Taco Pockets

Wow, can't believe it has been over a month since I have last posted.  In my defense, we did go on vacation for a few weeks.  And now it is getting to be holiday/baking season, so be expecting more posts coming in the future!!!!!  I am always a baking machine this time of year (though I should probably be more of a cleaning machine, but who really cares about cleaning right?  I mean you can't eat cleaning...)

I found some recipes like this one online, and they all claimed that your husband would love them if you made them..I was skeptical.  It's just like how every woman claims their man loves Bacon...mine doesn't really love bacon.  I love bacon.  So I knew I would like this recipe (no, there is no bacon in it, I just have a weird way of making connections, ask my husband-he thinks it's weird).  Anywho, I tried these, and wow.  SO good.  And no kidding, super easy.  AND  the husband LOVED THEM!  Yup, they were right.  Your husband will like these (but if he doesn't, don't blame me).  They are actually on the menu again this week and when he saw that he got excited.  That's how much we like these.  Try them if you like, chance are you won't regret it. (unless you don't eat meat).


I have made improvements since these pictures were taken...and they were taken of my plate during dinner.  Tried to snap one before I forgot, so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles...oh well.

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef cooked and prepared with taco seasoning
cheese (as little or as much as you want
Black Beans (f desired)
2 tubes of crescent rolls

Directions:
1.  Roll 2 crescent rolls together to get a rectangle (they usually come out of the tube as rectangles, just don't tear them off).  You need to make sure there is no seam.
2.  Mix your cheese and beans with your meat
3.  Place meat mixture in middle of crescent roll, then fold over and seal the edges with a fork.
4.  Cook at 375 for 13 minutes (I follow the directions on the crescent roll tube)
5.  Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired!

No comments:

Post a Comment