Monday, June 20, 2011

Oreo Cupcakes

 We made these this past weekend.  Let me tell you, I am a sucker for Oreos..and peanut butter, but today we are talking about Oreos.  And since I LOVE cupcakes, I knew these would be a good match-AND to make it even easier, there is now a premade Oreo frosting!-That I happened to have a $1 off coupon for :).  I would make my own, but I have yet to find a homemade butter cream frosting that I like (maybe because by making it I know how much fat and sugars are probably in it).  But these are seriously good.  The Oreos in the batter and at the bottom of the cookie make these oh so yummy.  I wanted to make a white cake but the hubs voted for Chocolate, and since he doesn't often give input (and we were having a white cake the next day for Memorial Day) I went with Chocolate, and I am glad I did!



Ingredients:
Dark Chocolate cake mix (so you will also need eggs, oil, and water)
24 Double stuffed oreo cookies
Oreo frosting (or homemade frosting with added oreo crumbs)


Directions:
1.  Make cake according to instructions.
2.  Take the top cookie off an Oreo, leaving the cream on the bottom cookie, and place in cupcake liner.
3.  Break the remaining tops into pieces and mix the cookies into the batter (feel free to leave some out for garnish if you would like).
4.  Pour batter over Oreos and cook according to instructions on box.
5. Cool and Frost!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment