Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Flag Cake

There really isn't much that goes into this recipe, but I do love it!  It is such a light refreshing dessert.  And you can make any design on front since it is now past the 4th.  We make this cake for Memorial Day and the 4th.  But it can be made at any time!



Ingredients:
White Cake mix
(Eggs, Oil, Water-according to box)
Cool Whip
Blueberries
Strawberries

Directions:
1.  Make cake according to instructions on the box.
2.  Let cool completely
3.  Cut your strawberries and sprinkle the top of the unfrosted cake with some blueberries and strawberries
4.  Cover the layer of berries completely with Cool Whip
5.  Decorate the top of the cake with a blueberry and Strawberry design.
6.  Refrigerate then enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I am doing a 30 day food challenge on my blog for the month of august. I am looking for people to contribute recipes over that time. If you are interested please either leave a comment here or email me at boblyns at yahoo dot com



    You can find out more information here on my blog at http://iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

    Thanks
    Bobbie
    www.avisiontoremember.etsy.com
    www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flag cake is and always will be the quintessential 4th of July cake. Yours is beatiful, and I'm sure it tasted great as well.

    ReplyDelete