Sunday, May 23, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies (Skippy Truffle Cookies)


I found this recipe in a magazine and it has been a favorite ever since.  This is a very rich cookie, so eat with a glass of milk!  It makes about 24 cookies, and I could probably eat them all in one day!


Ingredients:

1 c. Skippy® creamy peanut butter (Any Peanut Butter works, we like Peter Pan, chunky is also good)
1 c. light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 large egg
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips


Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, with a wooden spoon, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips until blended. Stir in chocolate chips just until combined. On ungreased baking sheets, using slightly rounded teaspoonfuls, drop dough 2 inches apart. (Do not flatten.)
2.  Bake 9 minutes or until cookies are puffed and golden. (Cookies will be very soft.) Place baking sheets on a wire rack and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely recipe! I found your blog by chance but I so liked this cake that I started reading your earlier posts. I love your blog and the food you are making here. I'll be back as often as I can to see what else you've been cooking. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete