Sunday, April 18, 2010

"H is for Hoosier" An Indiana Alphabet

Written by: Author Cynthia Furlong Reynolds
Illustrator: Bruce Langton
Published by Sleeping Bear Press
 
 

Love love LOVE this book!  I got it for Christmas from (I think) my little sister a few years ago.  I am from Indiana, so that makes this book all the more special.  The illustrations are just perfect, and have a way of capturing the feel and beauty of Indiana.  It also is perfect for any "school" aged group.  There is a short easy read on each page, as well as a  more indepth page.  And I know there aren't as many people out there who share the same love for Indiana as I do, which is why I decided on this book to post about because there is a book for EVERY STATE!  Your favorite, least favorite, whatever.  There is also an Alphabet book about Moms, Golf, Basketball, fishing, Halloween, horses....there are just sooo many!  Check them out here!  This is honestly one of my most favorites, if you are a teacher, it is perfect for the classroom!  And if you aren't, it is just as perfect for the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment