Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cowboy Easter Cookies (or any other Holiday)

I found this recipe here while looking at pictures of these cookies.  I had these in college and made the husband make them once.  So I was craving them pretty badly.  I LOVE coconut and I think the cinnamon and coconut combination in these cookies is divine!






Ingredients: (I did a half batch and made the cookies smaller-still gave me a decent amount of cookies)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups sweetened flake coconut
2 cups chopped pecans (8 ounces)
(I also added Chocolate eggs to mine, left over from Easter.  You can pretty much add anything to these cookies and they will still be fantastic)



Directions:
1.Heat oven to 350 F.
2.Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
3.In 8-quart bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 1 minute. Gradually beat in sugars; beat to combine, 2 minutes.
4.Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in vanilla.
5.Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans.
6.For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart. (I did heaping tablespoon sizes)
7.Bake in 350 F oven 17 to 29 minutes (I baked mine for 12-13 min), until edges are lightly browned; rotate sheets halfway through. Remove cookies from rack to cool. 

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! I've been eyeing this one since you posted it and finally made them today, delicious!! I don't think I added enough flour so they were pretty flat, but very tasty. I wasn't sure my kids would eat them since they don't like coconut, but they are gobbling them up!
    Time to post a book now, Kristin!!

    ReplyDelete