Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Treats (After Halloween)

Here are some festive ways to get in the spirit of Halloween and fall.  This weekend I made some Skull cupcakes and Carmel Apples.  I suppose you can use the Skull cupcake idea for next year, but the Carmel Apples are good anytime!

Skull Cupcakes
(Found on the Family Fun Website)-Sorry, I'm not creative enough to come up with these on my own..maybe next year.


Items needed:
24 Cupcakes (or however many you want to have)
12 Marshmallows
48 Junior Mints
24 Chocolate Chips
Slivered Almonds

Instructions:
1. Cut each Marshmallow in half, then pull down a side of the cupcake wrapper and stick the marshmallows in that lip created.
2.  Frost
3.  Add Eyes (Junior Mints), Nose (Chocolate Chip), and Teeth (Slivered Almonds cut in half)
4.  The End, Enjoy-or add any embellishments you want!  Like stitches or color the frosting, or add a bow to make a lady skull, it's up to you!

Carmel Apples
(These are simple no brainers...)

Ingredients:
-Apples (I used 4 large ones, you can use 5 med or 6 small)
-Bag of Kraft Carmels (I don't like saying caramels like the spell check is prompting me to do)
-Water
-Popsicle Sticks (mine came with the carmels)
-Peanuts (Optional.  In my house the husband does not like them on his Carmel Apples, but I love them.  I am definitely a nut girl)
-Wax paper

Instructions:
1.  Follow instructions on bag :)!!!!  Or just read this...on medium low heat, melt carmels with 2 tbls of water. 
2. Coat Apples
3.  Cover in chopped nuts if desired (Quickly because the nuts wont stick if you let the carmel cool!)
4.  Refrigerate for 1 hr.
5. ENJOY!!!  We sure did!

Happy Post Halloween!  Happy NOVEMBER!  Making more cookies this week, will post them AND a new book next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment