Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Baked Carmel Popcorn for a rainy day


So it was when I was sitting on the couch trying to ignore the little voice in my head telling me that I want something sweet that I realized I had all the ingredients to make this yummy fall treat!  (FYI, unless you have a lot of people eating this...like 10 :)  I would cut the recipe in half-I always do)

Baked Caramel Corn

6-8 qts. Popped popcorn (2 batches) 

Bring to a boil (don't be impatient like me a put the heat on high.  Keep it at medium and play the patience game!!!):

      1 cup of butter/margarine   pinch of salt

      2 cups brown sugar, packed   ½ tsp. Cream of tartar

      ½ tsp. baking soda

Coat popcorn and bake on cookie sheet at 250 for 15 minutes.  Store in covered container.   

An easy way to coat the popcorn is to put the popcorn and coating in a brown paper grocery bag and shake-that's what we did when I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment