Thursday, March 27, 2014

Barbecue Chicken Pizza

I LOVE BARBECUE CHICKEN PIZZA.  However, my husband does not.  SO I don't get it very often.  For a time, I would make one pizza and have half of it barbecue chicken, and the other half pepperoni, but that didn't always work.  Now when I do get to make it, this is the recipe I ALWAYS use.  It is simple, and so perfect.



Ingredients:
1 Pizza crust of your choice-unbaked.  Homemade or store bought. (My recipe follows, I got it from Emeril, wish I could say we were buddies)
1-2 cooked chicken breasts (depending on how much chicken you like on your pizza) I boil mine.
1 cup Barbecue sauce (we are sweet baby ray fans)
1/3 cup French Fried onions-or regular onions sliced
3 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:
1. Shred chicken
2. Mix chicken and barbecue sauce together and spread onto of rolled out uncooked pizza crust.  Add more barbecue sauce if needed.
3.  Top with Cheese and onions
4.  Bake for 25 Min in 350 degree oven
5.  Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top!




Pizza Crust Ingredients:
1 pkg Active Dry yeast
1 Cup warm water (it helps if you have a thermometer and can get the water to 110-115 degrees)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
2-3 cups of flour

Directions:
1. Add yeast to water, stir, and let sit for 5 min to dissolve.
2. Combine yeast mixture, salt, olive oil, and flour to food processor (I like to add garlic, or dried onion, sometimes Parmesan cheese, and some Italian herbs to my dough just for some variety, I do this here), process for 1 min. Add more flour if dough is too sticky.
3. Transfer dough to work surface (I try not to flour it, but if you need to, feel free to lightly flour it). Knead for 2-3 min.
4. Form into ball and place in greased bowl in a warm place for 30 min.
5.  Roll out your dough onto greased pizza pan. (I sprinkle salt and corn meal onto my pan for added taste and texture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment