Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cranberry Bran Muffins


This is a recipe my mom introduced me to.  It is Martha Stewart, and it sure is good.  I am the only one at our house that will eat Cranberries, so I just froze a bunch of the muffins so I can have a good wholesome bran muffin when I feel like it!

2 cups flour
1 ½ cups wheat bran
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. baking soda
1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
1 ¼ cups + 2 TBLS. buttermilk
1 TBLS. butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
1 TBLS.  orange zest
1/2 tsp. ginger (zest or powder)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ cups fresh/frozen cranberries

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line 2 standard muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
3. Place flour, wheat bran, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bow. Stir in sugar and set aside. 4. Whisk together buttermilk, butter, eggs, zest and vanilla in a bowl.
5. Add flour mixture, stir just until combined.
6. Stir in cranberries.
7. Divide batter between lined muffin cups.
8. Bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
9. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly Turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment