Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My new FAVORITE Cornbread Recipe

Golden Sweet Cornbread

(I took this picture like a week after I made it, but boy was it yummy!) I am a HUGE Cornbread fan. I love to have a hot bowl of Soup or Chili with warm soft moist Cornbread covered with Honey...yummmmyyy!!! Here it the recipe!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray or lightly grease a 9 inch round cake pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.

1 comment:

  1. i love cornbread too! I have a cake mix cornbread recipe from a girl in my ward, it's super yummy too. more like a cake though, obviously. :) i think i at at least half of it within 24 hrs.

    not my most shining moment.

    ReplyDelete